March 27th, 2018
Castrol EDGE Titanium Trial Tournament
Game: Need for Speed Payback
Date & Time: Friday, 12pm-4pm ET, April 6, 2018
Location: PAX East 2018 in Boston at PAX Arena
Track selection will be the Castrol EDGE Titanium Trial DLC in Need for Speed Payback
Up to 3 progressive races available per round (Race, Off-Road, & Drift) based on performance
Each competitor will have to beat the target time provided in-game for each track in order to advance to the next track. If the in-game time is not beaten, the applicable track will be deemed incomplete and the final time will not be tallied. Only previous track(s) successfully completed within the round will be attributed to the competitor.
Fastest times per track and greatest overall track progression will be used for advancement and final prizing.
PS4 controller will be provided onsite and no outside peripherals will be allowed. (Ex: no racing wheels or 3rd party/modded controllers, etc.)
Format: Knockout Time Trial
- Wave 1: 5 competitors solo race for best race times and overall track progression. 4 fastest times and most races completed move on to next round
- Wave 2: 4 competitors solo race for best race times and overall track progression. 3 fastest times and most races completed move on to the Finals
- Wave 3: Finals – Top 3 competitors solo race for fastest race times and overall track progression.
- 1st (Grand Prize): Trip for winner and a guest to PAX West 2018 in Seattle, Washington and one Castrol EDGE prize pack.
- 2nd: Two passes to PAX West 2018, one Castrol EDGE prize pack, and one PAX East prize pack
- 3rd: One Castrol EDGE prize pack and one PAX East prize pack
To register, please send an email to PAXArena@PAXsite.com that includes the following:
- Your name and Twitter handle
- A picture of your PAX East 2018 expo badge for at least Friday attendance (use your cell phone!)
- Need for Speed Payback PlayStation 4 gamer tag and in-game (NFSP) rank
- Brief explanation of why you think you should be chosen as a competitor
Five lucky competitors and two alternates will be chosen by the official organizers. All competitors must have an in-game ranking on Need for Speed Payback for the PlayStation. Each competitor must provide proof of expo access to PAX East 2018 for Friday, April 6th. All competitors will be responsible for providing their own PAX East 2018 badges. Registration does not guarantee entry. If you completed the online registration and you are selected to be a competitor, then you will be notified no later than April 3, 2018 using the email you registered with. Onsite registration will also be available Thursday, April 5th, 2018, from 10am-6p, at PAX Arena. All onsite registrations will be processed by 9pm EST and competitors selected will be notified via the email provided. All competitors and alternates selected are required to be onsite in PAX Arena at PAX East 2018 on Friday, April 6, 12:30p-4p EST. Any competitors not present at 12:45p ET will be disqualified from the tournament and replaced by an alternate. The competition will officially end on April 6, 2018, at 4pm EST.
Additional rules and other information here.