Are you part of a commercial media organization, or do you have a YouTube or Twitch channel with more than 50,000 subscribers, and would like to attend PAX East 2016 so you can produce content and cover several exhibitors? Qualified journalists and content creators may apply for a free media badge.
Please submit your request through our Media Registration Form.
Submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PAX East [insert your outlet/channel name]
- A letter from your editor/channel owner on company letterhead, saying you will be attending to create content for their organization/channel
- A photo of your business card
- Photo of a drivers license or other government id
Important Things to Note:
- Media Registration closes Friday, March 25th at noon PST and no additional submissions or materials to complete applications will be accepted after that time
- The contact information you submit in step one must be your regular business email and a phone line that connects directly to you, not another organization or person.
- This information will be provided to exhibitors at PAX and many of them will be contacting you before the expo to invite you to check out their games, services or products.
- You will be required to cover exhibitors by producing content for your own specific outlet/channel. A vlog at the end of each day of the expo, filming a fan meetup or interviews with other YouTubers or Twitch streamers does not suffice.
- Meeting all the requirements for media registration does not guarantee you a media badge
- Final approval for any applicant remains the province of PAX
- If you or someone you assign to cover PAX East 2016 does not produce content in a timely manner after being granted a media badge, the individual assigned and/or your outlet/channel may no longer be eligible for media badges to future PAX events
- If you are approved for a media badge and cannot make it, email us before the show and let us know so we can pull your badge. Otherwise we will assume you attended and did not produce content, making you ineligible for media badges at future PAX events
- Blogs: No photographers or videographers will be granted badges
- Podcasts: Links provided in step one must introduce the reporter/broadcaster applying for the media badge within the first 30 seconds
- In order to qualify for a media badge you must be 16 years of age or older.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.